Friday, September 11, 2009

Activity 17: Photometric Stereo

For this activity, we are to reconstruct a 3d image from a 2d image taken at different positions of the point source. The images used together with the location of the point source are shown below:
From these 2d images, we will get the depth (z axis) of the images and construct a 3d image. To do this, we consider the intensity of the images are directly proportional to the brightness at that point.
where
and S1 is the position of the point source.

I and V are known from the 2d images. To compute for g we use

and then normalized it by dividing with its length. The resulting normal vectors, we can get the surface elevation.

The resulting 3d image is shown below.
For this activity, I give myself a 10/10 since I was able to reconstruct a 3d image that is accurate enough :D

Many thanks to Earl for helping me a lot in this activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment